The sector and the law of gambling in Europe
As we know from some of our other analyzes and reviews in our casino guide, online casinos and btc casinos are legal since 2011, with the regulation of Internet gambling made in the so-called Game Law by the Ministry of Finance and its dependent organism , the Directorate General for the Regulation of Gambling (DGOJ).
The regulation of roulette, blackjack and baccarat games were joined in 2014 by slots or slot machines.
The idea of online casinos is to offer new games, but in order for these to be available they must first pass a homologation test and obtain the corresponding permission from the DGOJ, that is, be regulated.
We will recognize the official online casinos by the Secure Play seal that the DGOJ grants.
It is possible to access other online casinos from Europe online, but if we do, we must know that we do not have the security and protection of our laws.
We will also recognize these online legal casinos licensed to operate in Europe because their websites have the “.com” domain, mandatory for all online gambling operators.
In addition, they must have these two types of additional requirements:
- Technicians: Technical homologation, mastery of the English language (for example, translation of games and customer service), security of the software used in the games (including the randomness of the random number generators, worth the redundancy ) child protection and addiction control mechanisms.
- Economic: review and periodic and exhaustive control of the economic balances to avoid fraud, money laundering, etc … Regular payment of fees, licenses and taxes related to online games.
Facts about the casino in Europe
As reported by different official reports and studies, such as the recent 1st Quarterly Report on the evolution of the online gambling market (corresponding to the period: January – March of this year), online gambling and betting live a great moment, being the segment of the games of chance that attract the most public.
With more than two million players currently registered in Europe, the number of really active players does not reach 700.00, which is 2% of the population between 18 and 75 years old.
Profile type of our online casino fan? Male, single and 35 years old, who plays from home outside of office hours or through his Smartphone / tablet.
Despite the risk of addiction that any game involves in which there is money involved, this rate in Europe has been reduced by 0.4% with respect to the previous period and is in the European average (0.1-0 , 3% of the total population).
Both the volume of turnover and prizes distributed have increased during this year (have highlighted in this regard the slots against other casino games such as blackjack, roulette or baccarat) in an upward trend that is expected to continue in the next years.
Poker is an exception to this case, as we know in Online Bitcoin Games.
- Online gaming in Europe is experiencing a boom
- The English type player is a single man between 30 and 40 years old
- The prizes given in the games have also grown